We are happy to offer training classes for puppies and adult dogs year-round at our Lodi location. For more information please call our office at (608) 592-3232 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Our Obedience Classes
All classes are six week sessions and each class is one hour in length. Training classes are held in our large, indoor play area at our Lodi hospital. This area features a specialized rubberized flooring for safe training and play, as well as, additional acoustical measures for noise control. Smaller class sizes promote eective training and individualized time. Our instructors is passionate and highly skilled in dog obedience training.
Puppy obedience classes get puppies off to a great start! It is critical that puppies learn basic obedience at a young age, as well as, how to appropriately interact with other dogs. Our training methods are fun, effective and taught so all family members can learn and participate
Unsure about which class to take? Feel free to ask us! We would be happy to help find the right class for you and your four-legged friend.
Puppy Kindergarten Class
- Intended for puppies 8-16 weeks of age
- Basic training of sit, down, and stay commands
- Socialization with other puppies and environments, helping them to not be frightened of new situations.
Puppy II Class
- For recent graduates of Puppy Kindergarten
- Furthers training and incorporates more difficult tasks
- Further socialization by focusing on attention while interacting with other puppies
Adult Dog Class
Training is not just for puppies! Older dogs can learn new tricks and grow into more well behaved and happier dogs. Whether an adult dog is new to your family, or your dog needs an obedience refresher, our adult classes can fit you and your dog’s needs.
- For dogs over four months in age who have not taken a previous obedience class or need a refresher
- Focuses on mastering basic training skills and basic commands
- Designed to teach your dog proper manners
- Uses a combination of rewards, corrections, and household rules to train your dog
What vaccinations does my dog need to take classes?
- For puppy class, puppies need the first DHPP booster, a negative intestinal parasite test (ITP), and Bordetella.
- For all other classes, dogs must be up to date on DHPP, Bordetella, Rabies, and have a current negative IPT on file.
What equipment do I need to bring to class?
- A collar and non-retractable leash
- Treats to reward your dog, a treat pouch is highly recommended.
- Reward clickers are not used during class but encouraged for training outside of class.
What is the cost for classes?
- Costs vary depending on the type of class – please ask us!
Meet Our Trainers
Maureen has been with LVC since 1997 and has been teaching puppy classes since 1997. Maureen enjoys watching
puppies and their families learn and grow together.
Carmen has been with LVC since 1985 and is an instructor for our Basic Obedience Class. She has over 20 years
of experience with training dogs for the obedience and conformation ring and continues her education through classes
Sara joined LVC in 2019 and has been working in a variety of fields including service dog training and bomb detection.
She received her CPDT-KA certification in 2019 and currently teaches our Puppy II and Basic Obedience Class.
More from our Blog…
Using a travel kennel for your brand new puppy will prove invaluable. The puppy will look at the crate as a bed area which will aid in housetraining. The crate will also provide a safe place where your puppy will be unable to eat or chew unwanted items. When using...