- Treating and controlling a wide range of roundworm and arthropod parasites which impair the health and productivity of cattle.
- For use on any age and class of beef cattle, including pregnant beef cows. Not for use in female dairy cattle 20 months or older.
- The control of the following harmful species of gastrointestinal roundworms, lungworms, eyeworms, grubs (see precautions), sucking lice and mange mites. Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis, treatment, and control of parasitism.
DECTOMAX Pour-On Solution has been proved to effectively control infections and to protect cattle from reinfection with Haemonchus placei for 35 days; Ostertagia ostertagi, Cooperia punctata, and Oesophagostomum radiatum for 28 days; and Cooperia oncophora and Dictyocaulus viviparus for 21 days after treatment.
- Weatherproof formulation for parasite control that won’t wash off.
- DECTOMAX Pour-On is a novel fermentation-derived macrocyclic lactone discovered by Zoetis and derived from selected strains of Streptomyces avermitilis. It is formulated to deliver the recommended dosage of 500 µg/kg (227 µg/lb) body weight when applied topically at the rate of 1 mL/22 lb body weight.
- One topical treatment of DECTOMAX Pour-On significantly delayed biting and sucking lice infestation (P < 0.05) in treated calves grouped with lice-infested seeder calves.
- DECTOMAX Pour-On controls 33 stages of internal and external parasites with a single, convenient application.
- DECTOMAX Pour-On is safe for use on any age or class of beef cattle, including pregnant cows, calves and female dairy cattle up to 20 months of age.
Directions: Administer DECTOMAX Pour-On solution at the recommended dosage of 1 mL (5 mg doramectin) per 22 lb body weight (or 10 mL/220 lb body weight). It should be applied topically along the midline of the back in a narrow strip between the shoulders and tailhead.
- For topical use in cattle only. This product is to be applied to the skin surface only. Do not administer orally or parenterally. Do not apply to areas of skin which are caked with mud or manure.
- DECTOMAX Pour-On may be irritating to human skin and eyes, and users should be careful not to apply it to themselves or to other persons. Operators should wear protective clothing including a long-sleeved shirt, rubber gloves and boots with a waterproof coat when applying the product. Protective clothing should be washed after use. If accidental skin contact occurs, wash the affected area immediately with soap and water. If accidental eye exposure occurs, flush the eyes immediately with water and get medical attention.
- Wash hands after use. Do not smoke or eat while handling the product.
- Warning: Flammable! Keep away from heat, sparks, open flame and other sources of ignition. Not for human use. Keep out of reach of children.