Use: Vaccination against Bovine Rhinotracheitis – Virus Diarrhea – Parainfluenza3 – Respiratory Syncytial Virus (Modified-Live-Virus) – Leptospira canicola – grippotyphosa – hardjo – icterohaemorrhagiae – pomona bacterin
General direction: Vaccination of healthy cattle is recommended. Aseptically rehydrate the freeze-dried vaccine (Bovi-Shield GOLD FP 5) with the liquid bacterin provided (Leptoferm-5®+A), shake well, and administer 2 mL intramuscularly. In accordance with Beef Quality Assurance guidelines, this product should be administered in the muscular region of the neck.
Primary Vaccination: Administer a single 2-mL dose to all breeding cows and heifers approximately 1 month prior to breeding or being added to the herd.
Revaccination: Annual revaccination with a single dose of Bovi-Shield GOLD FP 5 L5 is recommended. Good animal husbandry and herd health management practices should be employed.
PRECAUTIONS: Do not use in pregnant cows (abortions can result) unless they were vaccinated, according to label directions, with any Bovi-Shield GOLD FP or PregGuard GOLD FP vaccine within the past 12 months. Do not use in calves nursing pregnant cows unless their dams were vaccinated within the past 12 months as described above.
- Consistent with good vaccination practices, it is recommended that heifers receive at least 2 doses with the second dose administered approximately 30 days prebreeding.
- Store at 2°–7°C. Prolonged exposure to higher temperatures and/or direct sunlight may adversely affect potency. Do not freeze.
- Use entire contents when first opened.
- Sterilized syringes and needles should be used to administer this vaccine. Do not sterilize with chemicals because traces of disinfectant may inactivate the vaccine.
- Burn containers and all unused contents.
- Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
- Contains gentamicin as preservative.
- As with many vaccines, anaphylaxis may occur after use. Initial antidote of epinephrine is recommended and should be followed with appropriate supportive therapy.
- This product has been shown to be efficacious in healthy animals. A protective immune response may not be elicited if animals are incubating an infectious disease, are malnourished or parasitized, are stressed due to shipment or environmental conditions, are otherwise immunocompromised, or the vaccine is not administered in accordance with label directions.